Kaia Tani Guesthouse is situated in the heart of Phalaborwa. Lush gardens with abundant birdlife surround this African themed guesthouse. Let owners Chris and Monica pamper you and see to your every need in true Kaia Tani style. Kaia Tani Guesthouse is a member of the Phalaborwa Accommodation Association, which ensures that a very high standard of accommodation is maintained, and they also speak German.
All the rooms at Kaia Tani are en-suite and every room has its own African theme. They made use of local craftsmen’s talents, which helped to create the unusual and special atmosphere. They have loft beds in two of their rooms, which make them ideal for families.
Facilities in rooms:
- Internet access;
- Overhead fans; and
The bathrooms have hand made clay basins, mounted on a log and decorated in Ndebele Fashion. They have a lapa with overhead fans and cool slate floors and comfortable seating with a lovely view of their garden. Gourmet meals are served under the spacious thatch and coffee and tea is available throughout the day. Booking for meals is essential due to the high demand. Kaia Tani Guesthouse also has conference facilities for up to 40 guests. Catering is done on the premises and a full cash bar is also available.
Facilities and services:
- Fully licensed bar that stocks a variety of South African wine and beer;
- They will arrange for chartered flights between Phalaborwa and bigger cities;
- Television lounge with satellite television;
- Shuttle service to and from airport and town centre; and
- Garden with garden furniture.
They will also gladly arrange any of the following:
- Golf at the Hans Merensky Golf Estate;
- Day or night drives in the Kruger National Park;
- River boat ride (4 hours) on the Olifants River;
- Day trips to Tzaneen;
- Shopping in Polokwane (Pietersberg);
- Visit to the wildlife rehabilitation centre or cheetah breeding project;
- Trips into the Lowveld;
- Visit to the snake park or White Lion Project; and
- Deep sea fishing and hunting trips.