Pieter and Laetitia welcome you to Peppertree House, which is located in the historic town of Fort Beaufort and named after a majestic old pepper tree which once served to provide shade for visitors' horses.
Peppertree House B&B offers comfortable accommodation in tranquil surroundings. They provide excellent service and warm hospitality to make your stay as pleasant and memorable as possible.
Accommodation is offered in a Victorian style home and a cottage.
The cottage, which used to be stables in the heydays of horses and carts, has been tastefully converted into a two-bedroom unit with a well equipped small open plan kitchen. One twin bedroom is en-suite and the second double storey bedroom, once used to store hay, has a small balcony and overlooks a scenic garden.
Accommodation in the main house consists of two double en-suite bedrooms and one twin en-suite bedroom, all with separate entrances opening onto a cool veranda where guests can enjoy a cup of tea or sip a sundowner while unwinding and enjoying the scenic garden.
Facilities and services:
- Braai (barbeque) area (firewood and braai packs available);
- Swimming pool;
- Peaceful, large garden;
- Full English or Health breakfast;
- Safe on-site parking;
- Automatic gates with remotes for guests;
- Fans, heaters and hostess trays in all bedrooms;
- Guest lounge with DSTV;
- Dinner on request;
- Tea/coffee facilities in all rooms;
- Fax facility;
- Fridge/freezer facilities;
- Bar fridges in all rooms;
- Television (SABC, M-Net, e-TV and selected DSTV channels) in rooms;
- Laundry service on request; and
- Credit and debit card facilities.
Activities / Attractions:
Fort Beaufort is ideally placed to be used as a base to explore the following picturesque and historic surrounding areas:
- Hogsback (various forest walks and waterfalls) 45 minutes;
- Fort Fordyce (game and nature reserve and various walks) 40 minutes;
- Grahamstown (historic town, National Arts Festival) 60 minutes;
- Alice (University of Fort Hare where Nelson Mandela studied) 20 minutes;
- Katberg Eco Mountain Resort (golf, hikes, horse riding) 45 minutes;
- Bedford (quant little town famous for its garden festival in October);
- East London 90 minutes.