Etosha National Park is a popular attraction and gets its name from the Etosha Pan which is almost entirely situated within the park, covering 23% of the area of the park. The park is home to hundreds of species of wildlife and game-viewing opportunitieis abound for day visitors and those opting stay at the various accommodations within the park.
Information & guidelines:
- Guests must report to reception on arrival;
- Accommodation is available from 12:00 and must be vacated by 10:00;
- When on game drives, please remain in your vehicle at all times;
- Obey all the traffic signs in the park;
- Only persons with a valid driver's license can drive in the park; and
- No one is allowed to remove any wildlife or plants from the park.
The Following are not allowed:
- Pets are not allowed;
- No firearms or shooting weapons are allowed;
- Motorcycles are not allowed;
- Please do not feed the wild animals;
- Silence is required around the waterholes and checks to make sure before heading out that waterholes are open for viewing;
- Please do not litter inside the park;
- No leaving your vehicle, unless in designated marked areas in the park; and
- No drones are allowed in the park.